Building your Facebook page can be overwhelming because there’s just so much to learn (especially if you’re new to online marketing!) but today I’ve created this post to break it down for you and help ease the process.
These are 5 foundational tips to help you grow your business on Facebook, and it’s definitely not exhaustive! However, I hope it serves as a guide to help you get started. Please reach out to me if you need assistance.
1. Getting Started
- The first and most important step: upload your profile photo! It could either be a logo or a professional photo of yourself.
- Write your Facebook ‘About’ section and ensure you add in relevant keywords. This is essential because it gives your visitors an insight into who you are.
- Add an inviting Cover Photo to your page to bring colour and help your page stand out.
- Create a username for your page.
- Fill out as many areas of your page that you can – contact details, location, phone number, email, website, and so on.
- Add a button CTA (call-to-action) to your page such as “Learn more”, “Book” or “Call”.
- If you have team members that you want to add onto the Facebook page, you can choose from various roles to assign them as such as admin, editor, advertiser, analyst, and so on.
2. Invite your friends and family to like your page
The more visibility your page receives, the better. There is no harm in inviting your social network to like your page! Facebook has a function where you can invite all your friends on Facebook or you can also selectively choose who you want to invite.
3. Share your Facebook page on your website (if you have one!)
For all the traffic you receive on your website, by advertising your socials can only increase your connectedness with your audience so it’s important to have these links on there. You never know who may choose to click on your website, it could even be a new website visitor and this could lead to a new follower/like.
4. Pages to Watch
‘Pages to Watch’ is an intelligent tool that Facebook has created. It allows you to add pages (businesses) to track to see how their analytics are going, and typically this is suited best for competitors. You can compare different pages that are similar to your niche and see how they’re performing.
This is great for inspiration in relation to post ideas to see what’s working well for others within your niche, whilst building your own unique ideas!
5. Start Posting
Ultimately, the best thing to do is to start creating and getting content out there for your audience and being as consistent as possible.
It can be as simple as a status update, but be creative about it. Employ Facebook’s tools such as using GIF’s, location, tagging, hashtags, emojis, etc.
Test out different forms of content and see what works BEST for your business. Generally, video performs quite well in terms of imagery, however it comes down to the quality of the content.
Focus on creating meaningful and authentic content, this will help you elevate your online presence.
Have you grown your Facebook Page in a short amount of time? Do you have some tips to share? I’d love to hear them!
Need help setting up your Facebook Page? Or could your Facebook Page use a marketing review? Check out my free marketing review!